These tools and services will help you with market research, business licensing and regulations, business training, productivity, exporting, and benchmarking.
Alberta Small Business service provider directory
Use our directory to find organizations, funding, programs, and services to help your business succeed.Search directory
- Interactive Business Plan Writer: The interactive Business Plan Writer will simplify the business planning process. Not only is this tool dynamic, allowing you to customize your plan, it also has tips and tricks and plenty of examples to guide you as you write.
- BizPal - Online Business Permits and Licences Service: BizPaL is an online service that walks Canadian entrepreneurs through the process of finding comprehensive information about business permits and licensing requirements from all levels of government.
- City of Edmonton Industrial Land Site Locator: The basic information for each property includes size, price, zoning, legal description, address, etc. The tool is not limited to those looking for industrial land. This website offers valuable information on industrial properties, as well as demographic, labour force, and business information for the whole city.
- Employment Standards Tool Kit for Employers: The Tool Kit is also available in hard copy form, as well as on CD packaged together with the latest Occupational Health and Safety Tool Kit for Small Business.
- BDC Website Assessment: Take the first step in optimizing your website. Just enter your web address and the BDC web assessment tool will analyze up to 5 pages of your website.
- GO Productivity Productivity Assessment Tool: Critically analyze your business and uncover opportunities for improvement.
- BDC COMPASS; Helps entrepreneurs improve their profitability and liquidity.
- Financial Performance Data (formerly SME Benchmarking Tool): Offers industry-specific income statement and balance sheet data for small and medium sized businesses allowing you to:
- Estimate the operating costs for your new business;
- View financial performance averages in your industry;
- Enter your own financial data to see how your business measures up to comparably sized firms.
- Intellectual property for exporting businesses: If you are an exporter, find out how you can protect your intellectual property outside of Canada.
Alberta Small Business Resource website
Need help navigating the red tape of provincial regulations that impact your business operations? Check out the Alberta Small Business Resource website.Browse resources